A Social Media Talk delivered at the Middlesex University Arts and Creative Industries Faculty Winter Conference.
This was a social media talk based on my PhD findings focusing on academics’ well-being in the context of teaching & learning and networking & public engagement.
I covered the following three areas:
Awareness of Current Well-Being Issues of Academics
Social Media’s Emotional Affordances
- The ‘role’ of academics’ emotional reactions in decision-making about their social media use.
Links to further resources:
- Social media to support your career (Anne-Wil Harzing)
- Social media – caring in a shared-world (1): Self & others (Christa Sathish)
- Social media – caring in a shared-world (2): Authentic Identity (Christa Sathish)
- Social media – caring in a shared world (3): Online identity reconstruction (Christa Sathish)
- Social media – caring in a shared world (4): Social media capital (Christa Sathish)
- How to digitally market yourself: a beginner’s guide for students and academics (Christa Sathish)
- Social Media in Academia: Using LinkedIn to promote your research (Christa Sathish)